Started way back in 1846 by the Council of the Town of Carrollton, it was a small (33′ by 45′) area dedicated to commerce in vegetables, fruits and meats. It was enlarged in 1871 and appears to have ceased operations in 1916.
Today it is a nice pocket park, located on Dublin at Hampson, in the Riverbend. There are many nice shops on the upriver side.
But what do these nice shops look at? The back of Walgreens, with all of their trash on the street.